The Manchild Music Review

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Would You Like to Hear A Secret?

Because I have one... and it is soooooo good to hear it.

First some preamble:
Over the last few years, for major works (ie. Radiohead and Broken Social Scene records), I've been able to resist the urge to download leaked copies, instead anxiously awaiting release day until I could firmly hold a CD in my hand, put it in my stereo, sit back, and listen to the record in it's full uncompressed glory, as it was meant to be.
But no more. You see, this gentleman, Thom Yorke, perhaps you've head of him, is putting out a record on July 11. It's called The Eraser, and will be released by XL records. And it broke my willpower. And now it will break yours. And it's my little way of getting back at Radiohead for touring nowhere near Alberta this time around.
Here's the title track:

Thom Yorke - The Eraser

It's glorious, is it not? It reminds me of Pyramid Song, but with a beat. Maybe if you check back tomorrow there will be another song waiting. Who knows.

Edit: Link removed

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful.

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home